Personal Safety When Using the Site:
Everyone that uses Wheels Go Round will do so, hopefully, with the intent to either donate their items to another family or search for an item for their child. But, we want to remind you to please take the same common sense precautions online as you would offline.
When meeting someone for the first time, please remember to:
- Remember, no money is EVER exchanged for items listed on Wheels Go Round (wheelsgoround.org). If someone requests money for an item listed, do not pay them or negotiate payment with them. This site is for those donating items to others only. If this happens, please send a message to the page administrator immediately at : email@example.com.
- Insist on a public meeting place like a cafe, bank, etc.
- Do not meet in a secluded place, or invite strangers into your home.
- Be especially careful when high value items are involved.
- Tell a friend or family member where you’re going.
- Take your cell phone along if you have one.
- Consider having a friend accompany you.
- Trust your instincts.Taking these simple precautions helps make Wheels Go Round safer for everyone.